Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 26 (and 3 days)

Sorry that it took so long to write about the weekly progress of our growing baby... I know you all are just lost without it! :) Our little one is over 26 weeks now and roughly 14 inches long (head to toe) and weighs about 1 3/4 pounds! It's starting to get hard to find fruit and veggies that are as long as our baby! You can picture me walking around the produce department with a ruler measuring any and every possibility! So this week our baby is about the size of a Bok-choy! mmmmmmmmm! Delicious! Its little feet are supposed to be about 2 inches long, but with the genes that Matthew and I are bringing to the table, the feet are probably more like 5inches :) The little eyelids are now able to be opened and closed, so it will be practicing blinking over the next 13 1/2 weeks. It has really started to respond to touching/pressure on the tummy and will kick/wiggle around. It has also started to respond to sound like crazy, voices, music, the alarm, it's really fun to try and figure out if its moving because it's happy or annoyed with what's going on around it! If our little one is a boy (which I still think it is, despite the dream I head last night of it being a girl), then its testicles will have started their 3 day descent into his scrotum this week. I'm sure you were all dieing to know that! I have noticed that I can no longer sit up straight now! I always wondered why pregnant lady's were reclining back, and now I know that it's because if you stay sitting up straight for any length of time the little baby will whack you in the ribs! Ahhhh the joys of pregnancy!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

We demand updated pictures of you, as well as your produce.

Janie said...

I love bok choy!! When you said over the next 13 1/2 weeks I dropped my jaw! That is so soon. I think maybe 6-7 inches on the feet :) And I'm with Kevin, more pictures of you!

Speciale said...

So that's what I have to look forward to, kicking in the ribs, woohoo! haha! Geez, I can't believe how soon that is either! Time flies, so fun! :)