Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

25 Weeks!

It’s so funny that each week that goes by seems like such a big deal to me. I mean counting is not that big of a deal, yet each week I'm like, "Wow, NOW I'm 25 weeks pregnant..." like some how I am surprised that it's the next number! It makes me laugh. :) ANY WAY, yes, now I'm 25 weeks along and this little one is growing so much its CRAZY. I think it's new favorite past time is ‘lets see how many times in a row I can kick mommy under the ribs and in the bladder before she gets annoyed.’ The baby’s winning! The little one is about 13.5 inches long (roughly the size of a English Cucumber) and weighs about 1 1/2 pounds! At least the baby is now finally taking up some of the burden of this excess weight that I have been packing around for it! :) The little bones are almost totally ossified and its' brain cells are continuing to mature. The hands are fully developed and all the nerves in the hands are still growing and developing. Because if this, the little one is touching and exploring EVERYTHING inside its little home... the inside of my uterus, its face and toe, its own hands and even the umbilical cord! Its little nostrils are opening and the smallest little superficial blood vessels under the skin are growing rapidly, giving the baby a pink tint. My once small uterus is now stretched to the size of a football (almost the size of a Rugby ball). Yikes!

2 comments:

Janie said...

It's brain cells are developing.. so I assume it takes after Matthew. Ha ha ha :) J/K!! I am with you on the counting weeks thing. Every time you post that you are another week I totally have a little freak out. I can't wait to see you.

liz said...

you are just so wonderful!! It was great feeling the little english cucumber kick tonight!!! And I loved how you explained to Trinity about blood vessels... I was amazed at how well you explained things to her!! Your are going to make a FANTASTIC mama!! You all ready are!