Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Third Trimester

Can you believe that this week I am officially entering into my third trimester?!?!?! It’s crazy! I have less then 13 weeks to go! Our little on is 27 weeks old now, and about 14 ½ inches long… which is roughly the size of a leek. Coincidentally that is just what my bladder feels like doing most of the time! The little baby is about 2 pounds now (about the same weight as a cauliflower), and its head is around 2 ½ inches in diameter. Its little retinas are beginning to develop and is getting more and more responsive to light, sound and touch. Speaking of touch, whenever people want to feel it move around, I’ll just poke around a little until it wakes up and whacks at me… I probably should stop that because with my luck it’s keeping track of all the times I’ve woken it up and it’s planning to retaliate! If our little one was born this week, it would have an 80% chance of survival! Oh, and one last interesting fact…. Weight gain is an inevitable and necessary part of pregnancy (as I know), and I was just reading that on average prior to pregnancy the average breasts each weigh about 7 ounces, during pregnancy they each will end up weighing around 14 ounces! That’s almost 2 pounds in breast tissue alone! The body is truly and amazing creation!

1 comment:

Janie said...

It is impossible that you are due in 13 WEEKS! This is going too fast. I can't wait to come there! Just a little more than a month. I need to call you later and ask you one final question so I can mail off the million invitations! :) Love ya