Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Belly Sounds

Ok, so I know I'm a dork. I won’t need everyone writing in to tell me I am after I’m finished telling this story. :) You know how they make those stuffed animals for babies that play a recording of what the sounds of the womb are? I think that I need one! Honestly. The other night I was lying in bed and I had been reading how you can start to hear the baby’s heartbeat with just a stethoscope. So I grabbed mine (yes, it just so happened to be right next to the bed... and no, it wasn't from playing 'doctor' earlier), and started placing the bell of the stethoscope around my belly... listening to all the different sounds, until finally I found our little ones quick little heartbeat. I probably laid there listening/relaxing for 10 minutes. I LOVED it! It was so relaxing to just ear our baby moving and swishing inside and to listen to its soft, steady heartbeat! Silly, huh? So the rest of the story... Matthew came in and I wanted him to listen to the heartbeat too. He put the ear pieces in and listened for a while then said, "Hey it just burped!" I started laughing because, as I explained to him, it was all my belly/intestinal sounds NOT the baby burping (since there is no air in the womb). I was also then informed by Matthew that my uterus sounds like the ocean. My question now is, if you can hear the ocean when you hold my belly to your ear, do you hear our baby when you hold a conch shell to your ear? :) Hmmmmmmm!

2 comments:

Janie said...

I will go buy all the shells I can find and start listening to your baby immediately!

P.S. You're a dork :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! wouldn't it be sweet to be able to record those womb sounds?