Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

High=Girl, Low=Boy?????

Thanks for all the words of encouragement the other day, yes, my day got much better.
On to more exciting news! I had my 36 week Dr. appointment/ultrasound yesterday and it went great (besides the fact that they were running really, really, really late)! Both Matthew and Mom were able to make it the the appointment, so that was fun to have them there. The Doctor did a quick ultrasound to make sure that our little one was head down... and it is! It is also already facing the correct direction (face towards my spine). The nerve wracking/exciting thing was that the Dr. had to keep moving the probe lower and lower to get a full image on the head. She kept saying that our baby is SO low already! She then wanted to check and make sure that I wasn't starting to dilate (because the babys head is literally on my cervix). Don't worry I was not dilated. We were not able to get a very good image of our little ones face, because it's facing my spine, but it's head, spine and heart look perfect! :) She then had a little talk with the baby and told it to stay put for a few more weeks, and she gave me a little talk about things to look/feel for in the near future.
The funny thing is, that literally at least 3 times a day I am told that because I am carrying so 'high' I am having a girl and that I am not even close to being ready to deliver because the baby needs to 'drop' first. But because I have virtually NO waist our baby (according to our ultrasound... and my constant lack of air/need to pee) is both pushing up on my diaphragm and pushing down on my cervix! So once again our little one is not giving us any clues as to its gender! I'm starting to get really anxious/excited to know what it is!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your baby wants this surprise to last all the way until he/she is in your arms! Very clever baby!Grandma D

Janie said...

I like this baby already! Always keeping you on your toes. I am getting anxious too! 4 weeks to go!!!!!!! ahhhhh. When do you go in again? Are you up to every week appt. now?