Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

35 Weeks Down

5 weeks to go, can you believe it! Our little one is really starting to pack on the pounds now... it should be gaining about one ounce per day every day over the next 5 weeks! Its about 18.5 inches long and now around 5.5 pounds! I'm trying to figure out how it's fitting inside me... we must have quite a contortionist on our hands. :) Though my uterus is apparently around 15 TIMES larger then when we first conceived! WOW! Its little baby kidneys are now fully developed and its liver has started to process waste products. (no Klein family and Jeff, that doesn't mean that it should start downing the gin and tonics quite yet). Its lungs are also now fully functional and if our little one was to be born today, survival rate is 99%! It should now be in the head down position and will be verified via ultrasound this Thursday at my next baby doctors appointment (which I now get to go to every single week)!So everyone say a little prayer and keep your fingers crossed that position is perfect! It think it is, because its round little tushy keeps pressing into the right side of my ribcage CONSTANTLY! Matthew is/has been in Las Vegas since Friday and wont get back until today, so we don't have any fun fruit pictures... sorry!

3 comments:

Janie said...

Now your baby is in perfect spanking position:) I can't believe in around 5 weeks you are going to have a little one!!! I can't wait to see what comes out of you. Will it have your features, Mat's?

I just got your letter last night and cried while reading. Thank you for the thank you :) Hope you are having a great day!

Speciale said...

Wowwww! I can't believe how little time is left! After another couple of weeks it could be any time, crazy :).

Anonymous said...

Even though you little one is almost ready, thanks for waiting until I got home from Iowa! Grandma Dawn