Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

36 Weeks Down!

Wow, I have entered into my 9th month of pregnancy! Is that not insane? It's amazing that I am this close to being 'done'. So, our little one is about 18.5 (+) inches long, about the size of a watermelon! Holly cow! That's WAY too big to still be fitting inside me! It should be around 6 pounds now too! Its main job is just going to be putting on weight (still about 1/2 pound per week). The little one will also be forming ridges on its gums (that look like little teeth). This week our baby will start to shed most of its downy hair covering and some of its vernix... all of which will just float in the amniotic fluid until it's swallowed (gross). It's amazing to think that my uterus, which is GIGANTIC now, will be back to normal within 6 weeks of delivery! The body is truly amazing!


-----WARNING: Possibly too much information for some people-------
Just thought that I would keep you guys up to gate on all my bodily functions... on Friday I lost my mucus plug. Not that that means anything... just that birth could be hours, days, or weeks away (duh). Also the little one has now dropped and though I can breath MUCH better it is sitting right on my bladder and has given my the typical pregnant waddle. Man is it uncomfortable to walk! It's like the kid is grasping and pulling on all the nerves in that area. Be nice no-name baby!

2 comments:

liz said...

I think you are absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!! And I am so glad that you can finally breath!!!! and I can't wait to see the waddle!! and I am just so excited for you!! Praying for you friend!!

Jer said...

That looks uncomfortable.