Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cherries


One of the most wonderful things about our house, is that it had fully established fruit trees already there when we moved in! All we have to do is trim and water them... and then we get to harvest all the yummy deliciousness! This year we got 3 full gallon bags full of cherries! after picking them all we went out and got a fancy cherry pitter (one that does a whole bunch at a time). Because last year I had to slice them all in half with a knife and remove the seeds before freezing them. Matthew and I have been enjoying cherry smoothies! Mmmmmmmm! Silly me though, got so over zealous with the pitting, bagging and freezing that I forget to keep some fresh ones out to eat. Oh well. Next year!

2 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

Yummy indeed. Maybe you should cherry and cherry alike.

Janie said...

We were pitting cherries yesterday and I thought of this post and told my mom to make sure we save some to eat :)