Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

34 Weeks

34 weeks now, only 6 to go! Last night while I was laying in bad trying to not think about how I had just peed and now already have to pee again my mind started to wander and I realized that in 6 weeks I am going to be someone’s mom! At that point I had a little momentary freak-out! My mind started racing, how was I ever going to know all the 'mom' things in just 6 weeks! Like, what sort of outfit do I need to pack for the return from the hospital.... short-sleeve, long sleeve, onsie... what if the baby is too hot (it will be July after all), do I really need to bring blankets for the baby? When we strap the little bundle into its car seat and it's all swaddled up, where do you put that one strap that should go in-between the legs? and diaper wipes flushable? Silly thoughts like these were just running rampant through my brain. Finally I just said a little prayer that with God’s help I will somehow either a) stop worrying or b) know all the 'mom' stuff... and shortly there after I fell asleep. Sadly I didn't wake up knowing all the answers, but I do feel less worried! :)
So this week our little on is about 17 1/2 to 18 inches long and now weighs about 5 pounds! Can you believe it? It's also (because of my VERY, VERY short torso) always sitting on my bladder and pushing up on my diaphragm at the same time... so I have to pee AND can't breath! :) Our little one seems to still get the hiccups about twice a day. If it's a little boy, its testicals should be descending into the scrotal sac. Not much else should be changing, just gaining more and more weight and the vernex (the white covering) should also be increasing while the amniotic fluid decrease. Fun times!

2 comments:

Janie said...

You are so cute! I wish I could lay in bed with you at night and answer all your worries. :) You are going to be a great mom.

Wipes are not flushable unless they say so. Bring blankets, the hospital is always too cold and you will want to out your baby in your own blankets. Pack one of each, onsie, long sleeve out fit etc. I like to have a onsie with little knit pants and a sweater just in case.

I can't believe you only have 6 WEEKS!!!! HAAAAAAA :)

Ok, that's enough!! I need to finish packing for camp. we leave very early in the morning!

liz said...

I love all the new worries of a new mama!!!! Like Janie said... you will be a FANTASTIC mama!!! :) Yes, bring your own blankets... and yes I would pack a onesie.. and a sleeper.. the kind with the feet and arms attached.. or a cute little outfit like Janie suggested... it is hard to swaddle the babies and put them in the car seat... so just put the baby in the car seat, then tuck the blanket around the baby nice and tight... you will bring the car seat into the hospital, so you won't have to worry about the buckle being to hot from the sun.. thankfully you won't have too far to travel!! I can try to answer questions this weekend... excited to spend time with you!!! God will give you the wisdom needed.. each and every moment!! Don't you forget that he created this little one.. and he is going to equip you to be the best mama for this baby!!