Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yosemite

Last weekend Matthew and I drove to Yosemite Thursday night and stayed through Sunday. WE went there because I had 12 hours of Continuing Education Fri-Sun (only 4 hours each day) that I had to take. The C.E. was just so-so, but Yosemite was BEAUTIFUL! I had never been there in the winter, it was AMAZING! It snowed on the drive up there and all that night, so Friday morning the ground/trees/benches/cliffs/waterfall... were all covered in snow! So beautiful!

Each morning I would go to my class and Matthew would stay in the room and study. Then we would grab a quick bite and hit the trails. This is Mirror Lake... Gee I have interesting memories from this place... just ask my mom! :) teeheeeeheee


We continued hiking and went to the base of Vernal Falls. The rest of the trail was pretty snowy and it was getting dark so we stopped here.



Saturday we drove over to Badger Pass and played in the deep snow.



Our snow ball fight went terribly wrong... I lost! :) Doesn't Matthew know that I am ALWAYS supposed to win?! Silly boy.


Here's my AMAZING snow man!


We had a really great time, I love the fact that there are so few people here during the winter. It was like our own little winter wonderland!

3 comments:

Jennifer Klein said...

Gorgeous pics, looks like loads of fun! You guys rock! Love you!

Janie said...

Wow! That is so beautiful. My parents tell me I have been to Yosemite but I have no memories. I want to go some day.

Poor Jessie with snow in your eye. You should know better than to play those kind of games with Matthew. He has no mercy. He would probably have still hit you in the face with the snowball if you were in a wheel chair :)

Looks wonderful. Beautiful pics

Anonymous said...

How did you avoid becoming a blow fish? Maybe the wee little one has changed that for you. Speaking of wee little ones...nice snowman.
Dad