Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kauai Part 2

The day after the wonderful B-day Luau we took a drive to the one of the other sides of the island and did some hiking around the Waimea Canyon a.k.a The Grand Canyon of the Pacific. It was really beautiful!



After a few long hikes we all deserved a special treat so we went to JoJo's.... which is literally the best Shave Ice is Kauai, and I would venture to say the world! Jeff and Lindsay were brave and tried the Special (which had macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom. They LOVED IT! (I tried a bite and thought that it was nasty... but then again I would be happy eating Pickles all day long)! Mmmmmmm! Pickle flavored shave ice, now there would be a concept! I'm sold!


We did a little coffee tasting too... which was really wonderful for me since I stopped the whole caffeine thing a few years ago. Let's just say after the sugar from the snow cones and then the cafeine, I was a little 'zippy'.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Jeff and Matthew are holding hands (See what happens when they think no one is looking)!


The next day we drove to the opposite side of the island and walked part of the Napali coast line. It's an 11 mile hike one way, and since I'm Preggers it was recommended that I don't hike it. (a little disappointing because someday I really want to). But Matthew and I did hike into the first stop (which is 2 miles in). It was BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to do the whole thing some day!



Just having fun! :)


Dad's feeling a little Frisky (dirty OLD man)! :)

Our last day of the trip Matthew and the Boys went Scuba diving (which was wonderful for Matthew, since before finding out I was pregnant he and I were planning on doing some dives, but they wont let you dive if your preggers). Any way the resort offered a short FREE Corse that Ty and Tom took then they were considered "Resort Certified" and could go diving (with a Master diver) down to 45 feet! Cool, Huh?!?! Any way, they all went diving and saw LOADS of cool fish and sea turtles (I'm not Jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous). Mom, Dad and I found a great hiking trail near our resort and went

on like a 2 1/2 mile hike along the ocean. It was beautiful!



Saturday morning we were woken up at 4 a.m and told to evacuate because of the Tsunami warning. So we finished packing and headed to the airport... with just some mild Freak Outs!




Mom Dad and I played Cribbage to kill time, Matthew studied and the boys napped.

We made it home safe and sound! IT was a truly wonderful vacation. Mom and Dad, thanks for setting it up! I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosie, it was such a blast! You all could not have made turning 60 any more fun. And thank you all for the good wishes.I did notice, dear daughter of mine, that you managed to leave out the HUGE whoopin Matthew & I put on you and your mother in cribbage. Yeah, I know, you were just being kind....right!
Dad

Janie said...

That just looks and sounds amazing! I love your pictures. That one of your dad standing at the end of the row of trees looking out at the ocean was very neat. I think my favs were the scared photos. You guys almost act as well as I do. (referring to the picture of me scared at the geyser).

Can't wait to see you Sunday! Love and miss you.

Jer said...

looks like a phenomenal trip with the family. You are all way too cute!