Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Growing, growing!


Week 22 and counting! This week our little one is the size of a Butternut squash (about 11 inches long)! It now weighs close to one pound (~15-ish oz). It's crazy to me that in the next 16-18 weeks it is going to be gaining another 6-8 pounds and grow another 10-ish inches! I already feel like I am losing breathing/digesting room inside, it's got to feel crazy to be carrying a full term baby! Yikes! Any way... The little baby now has eyebrows and the eyelids are fully developed (though still fused closed) and its' eyes are also fully formed but its' irises still are lacking pigment. I'm sure that we will have a little brown eyed baby, considering what Matthew and I had to work with! :) any other guesses? Its' little fingernails have now grown out to the tip of its little tiny fingers, and its skin is really loose and baggy on it's body right now as it waits to put on all that cute baby fat to fill out the skin. All I can think about when I learned that is the puppies that I see daily. Their skin is sooooooo loose that you can literally grab 2 handfuls of extra skin and the puppy doesn't even notice!
Ahhhhh our baby is a Shar Pei puppy!

5 comments:

Janie said...

I'm sure your baby looks just like that :) I can't wait to see that little "bug" :)

Kevin said...

Your Uncle Denny and his oldest son both have blue eyes, so there's some recessive genetic material in the mix.

Anonymous said...

So, for the grandbaby room we are fixing up at the house, am i suppose to put in a crib or a crate?
Dad

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Klein and Uncle Russell have blue eyes too!!

dalendawn727 said...

and Grandpa Dale has blue too! You know if you stare at the blue sky during the formative weeks of iris pigmentation it increases your chances for blue eye development...or not.