Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

So Cute

Yesterday Matthew and I had our 20 week ultrasound, and it was in 3/D! It was INCREDIBLE! The detail of that ultrasound unit is phenomenal. It made my ultrasound look like an Etcha-sketch! It was really neat. They took both regular 2/d view then would take a series of pictures and it would form a 3/d model! WOW!
Hi Little Baby!


From the 3/d model they said our little one is right around 11 oz and looks great!!! They were able to rule out a vast amount of birth defects (no clef pallet, no downs, no spina bifita, no diaphragmatic hernia, no cub feet, no missing limbs/organs). I mean they could even see both tiny kidney and the baby's retinas! They measured the skull and were able to look at parts of the brain... from that they were able to see that our baby is brilliant! :) Our little one was once again (as always) moving around like a nut and not giving them great clear pictures (but ONLY when it came to the face). The few they did get (that didn't have it's hands/arms in the way) were really cute.
I think that it's going to have Matthews ears and my lips, and look at the size of those feet... I think it takes after my youngest brother Thomas, they are HUGE!


The crazy thing is that there are 2 people out there that know the sex of the baby (the tech and the Dr)! Matthew and I were really good and didn't even open our eyes when they were scanning over the bladder/umbilical attachment/upper leg regions. So it's still a mystery! :) They did say that the genitals look good and there is NO ambiguity down on that end. So that's good.
It was so wonderful to see our little one. It's truly amazing to realize that it is a little person with a perfect little heart beat! It gives me the good shivers just thinking about it!

4 comments:

Speciale said...

Those are amazing!! So cute :)

Anonymous said...

How amazing to get a glimpse inside the womb!! I'm so excited to met my grandbaby!! Grandma Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love him/her already!! What a beautiful grandbaby we have!! xoxoxox

Janie said...

You are a dork :)

These pictures are AMAZING! So much better than over the phone. And WOW that is a big foot! But I think your baby is going to come out like 3 ft long and size 5 shoe so I guess I shouldn't be surprised :)I too can't wait for that baby to come out.

Since you haven't talked names yet might I suggest a few? Janie is nice for a girl and for a boy you might consider Janie. Just some thoughts. Have a great day!!