Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Heartburn

Ok, it's official, THE worst part about pregnancy is the HEARTBURN! It's open to debate, but honestly heartburn is horrible and I seem to get it no matter what I eat; Cheerios, oatmeal, fresh veggies, fatty foods, bland foods, WATER.... ! It's so frustrating, it feel like someone is sitting on my chest while another person is simultaneously pouring pre-lit lighter fluid down my mouth! Anyone jealous? :) At this point the only saving grace is the EXTRA LARGE, EXTRA STRENGTH bottle of tums that I have right next to my bed, in my office and in my purse! Oh the joys of pregnancy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know if it will help but try to prop yourself up alittle at night with a pillow...

Janie said...

This is the third time I have gotten on your blog to comment and every time someone pulls me away for something so this time I am determined to finish my comment!

I hate the heartburn and I am so sorry you are having it. The cartoon is so funny. I got a good chuckle out of it. My only suggestion is don't eat :) Just kidding. It would probably come anyway. I really do have a suggestion but it's not healthy. When mine was really bad I would eat a tablespoon of ice cream and it would really settle thing down. Good luck.

P.S. I'm glad you noticed what a good listener I am :}

Katie said...

So sorry the Heartburn got you! :( I was never able to get rid of that problem myself during pregnancy, although I agree with Janie that ice cream does help! Not the healthiest solution, but a solution non the less. :)

dalendawn727 said...

Lots of heartburn is supposed to mean a baby with lots of hair! So you've got a little Samson in there! or maybe it's just genetic...sorry honey girl! momma

Unknown said...

Heartburn during pregnancy is normal and usually harmless. But I'm sure you already know that. But for new soon-to-be Moms out there, I advice you not to have too much processed the whole day and to try to avoid them before bed time. Also, I suggest you chew a gum after the meal to neutralize the acid. Does eating natural and whole food trigger the same amount of heartburn as the processed ones?

Loura Swader @ U.S. HealthWorks