Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 21

I can't believe that I am now PAST the 1/2 way point. It's just crazy to think how time has just flown for this first half, and now I have LESS? WOW! This week our baby is a Banana! Which means that it is about 10.5 inches long (head to heel) and weighs about 12.5 oz. It's little skull size is about 2 inches across. Also it's bone marrow is now taking over production of making it's red blood cells (if you remember, before now it was being done by the liver... and if you don't remember, they you need to study harder and pay more attention to this very important information)! :) Our little one's intestines have started to absorb sugar (which it is getting from swallowing the amniotic fluid) and the sugar is going to be turned into fat. This is the main job of the baby over the next few months... to get and store fat! Tough life. If our baby is a boy (which is what my feelings are leaning towards) it's testicles should have descended this week and if it's a girl, then its ovaries should have around 6 million eggs (which will decrease to a mear 400 by puberty). Isn't it crazy to think that IF there is a little girl inside of me, then essentially I am also caring my grandchildren as well. Weird!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that my grandchild now has.... appeal?
Dad

Heffe said...

Mmmm, my neice or nephew sure would look good with three scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, chopped nuts, and topped with a cherry. Delicious baby banana sundae!!!

Janie said...

That's so funny, I am swallowing a lot of sugar and storing up fat as well. Me and the baby have so much in common!! :) And I will study harder Mrs. Klein.

I can't believe you are more than 1/2 way there! Very exciting!!