Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Special Kind of Love


Most guys I know would think that buying or picking flowers is a good way of telling their lady that they love her... but not Matthew! For as long as we have been together (11 1/2 years) Matthew has done things the "Matthew way". I used to laugh at his way of doing things, and over time I have come to see how unique and special his love is. For instance, the other day when I got to my car after leaving the gym, there, on my front window, secured under the windshield wiper was a beautiful leaf that he had put there. I once had asked him why a leaf, why not a flower, his response (in typical Matthew fashion) was 'everyone picks flowers, but who picks a leaf?' Fare enough, you can't argue with that kind of logic! I used to keep ALL the leaves that I had been given over the years, until I realized I had kept what would be the equivalent of a small forest.
It's just the little things in life that really make it wonderful! Thank you Matthew for your 'special' kind of love!

4 comments:

Janie said...

That is sweet. I have always enjoyed, and admired the way that Matthew loves you. You relationship might not always be perfect but you are a perfect union; I can't imagine you with ANYONE else. xoxo

Heffe said...

Back in high school, Matt left a bag full of dog crap on my windshield. I thought that was pretty "special".

Katie said...

That is SO cute! You to are so fun and perfect together!!!

liz said...

That is a special gift!!!! :)