Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's a Baby!

So I have gotten quite a few comments regarding the fact that our baby has made the magical transition from Gremlin to Little One. And yes, there are those that are sad about it. So if the rest of you were wondering why the switch, here's your answer... Prior to feeling and REALLY seeing the baby, it felt so unreal, almost fake, something that I could tease about. And lets admit it, it looked like a dot (a cute dot) but a dot none the less for a while! NOW, our little one gets the hick-ups, has a body and a face, little toes and fingers that I have seen and the baby wont stop moving! It is all SO real! I feel this deep love and attachment for this little life that I can't just pretend that it isn't a a real person growing inside me. So with that realization, the Gremlin transformed into a Little One.

2 comments:

Janie said...

I love watching you transform into a woman who knew that it would be wonderful to have kids to a mother with a deep attachment to her child! Isn't a crazy change!! The affection you feel is so strong. I can't wait to see you when the baby comes out. I'm an SO glad you have this blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Janie on this! How fun it is to have you share your thoughts as you transition into motherhood! I'm happy to be gandma to the little one instead of the gremlin also! Grandma Dawn