Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Half way there

I can't believe that I am at the half way mark! It is going so quickly! This week our little one is the size of a Cantaloupe! Crazy, huh?
So it is about 6.7 inches (Head to rump)and weighs about 11 ounces. I just learned that for the first 20 weeks little babies are measured from head to rump because their legs are so curled up into their chest that it's too difficult to measure head to toe. From now on the length is going to be head to heel because it's little legs are less tightly curled into it's chest. Our little baby is really starting to react to noises and voices and it's favorite time to REALLY wiggle around is about 9-10 pm! It's starting to get it's covering of vernex (the thick lotion-like white stuff that covers it's entire body). Also, all of it's other senses are starting to get more fine tuned as it's brain becomes more complex!
Here's my 5 month baby bump! It's really starting to stick out there! I am having to wear maternity pant (all my other ones are WAY too tight) And who knew that maternity pants were so comfy? I love them. So for the rest of my pregnancy I should be gaining at least 1 pound per week as the little one get bigger and requires more!
I am now LOVING the feeling of when it moves! It's no longer a fluttery/tickly feeling, but a much more substantial blast of pressure! Yes, our little one is going to be strong! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy that my grandchild is now a "little one" and no longer a "little Gremlin"!! I hope you had a good time in Yosemite.
Dad

liz said...

HOORAY!!!!! your tummy looks so cute!!! Can't wait to see you!!