Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Walk On With Your Bad Self!

I have been a very bad blogger-er, because almost 2 weeks ago little Miss Mallory took her first steps (and I was too wrapped up in my pity party to write about it). Oops!
Soooooo... zheres the story; Mallory and I were at the park and she had climbed to the top of the play structure (this kid is fearless) and was banding on some pipes. I was sitting a few feet away (yes I was on the kiddy play structure too) watching. She turned and looked over her shoulder and smiled at me... not just any smile, but one that I think I am going to have to get used to spotting very soon... you know the one that says 'I'm about to do something and there is nothing you can do stop it'. Yup, that smile. She then turned her body, let go of the pipes and took a step, brought both feet together and then just sort of fell into my arms! It was so cute! But to be honest I wasn't even sure if that classified as 'walking' until she did it again in front of both my mom and Joyce and both confirmed that she is now officially walking! Since last week she has progressed from 1 to 2 steps before falling into my arms and giggling wildly. She thinks walking is so funny, and i cant help but laugh at her. I do feel very blessed for getting to be here with her to watch her grow-up...

4 comments:

Janie said...

That is great but CRAZY! what an early little walker! Go Mallory!!

My friend Shannon works for my friend Shelly, and her little girl took her first steps while at the sitter and it made Shannon sad she didn't get to see the first steps. So I am glad you were able to see that big progression in your little ones life. So neat.

Speciale said...

I can't believe she is walking!! Wasn't she born like, last week?? How fun, love all these first moments

Brianna said...

It was so fun to see her take those couple of steps over here today. I can't believe she's walking so soon! She is really coming into her personality too. I'm blessed to be able to watch her grow up close :)

M. Maudlin said...

I'm so excited to hear she is growing up so fast! Melody has kept me updated on all of the funny little things she does. She sounds like such a precious little personality!!! I can't wait to see her again, maybe in June when I come into town for a weekend? I have my fingers crossed!