Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Copy Cat

It's so funny, now that I have my own child I am in total ahhh of the things that she does and I have to keep reminding myself that just about every other person has done just about the same thing she is doing.... maybe they just weren't so darn cute about it.

Well, it's officially here! The time when Mallory has started to copy things that we do and sounds/words that we say. Yesterday Mallory was playing with a toilet paper roll (cheap toy I know.... but hey, I don't have a job, what do you expect). Any way, I took it from her and put it to my mouth and made a trumpet noise and gave it back to her. She looked at me like I was crazy... so I did it again. But this time when I gave it to her she brought it to her lips and made a trumpet sound! Soooooooo cute!!!! She spent the rest of the day making me take turns with her playing the T.P trumpet. When Matthew got home I told him about it, and for once Mallory actually took a request and played the trumpet for her daddy. Matthew was duly impressed... as he should be! :)



Now we'll just have to remember that we can't do/say anything we don't want HER to do or say!

3 comments:

Speciale said...

How adoralbe is that? I can't believe how big she is!! All these cute little ones need to stop growing up immediately

Janie said...

That is so cute! I want to hear her play the T.P. trumpet. Olivia wasn't much into copying, she wanted us to copy her! But Reece copies everything so we are constantly having to watch what we say. It is weird how even the word darn-it can sound fowl coming out of a 2-3 yr olds mouth.

I can't wait until Mallory starts talking! I wonder, will she pick up you manor-isms, will she think like you? It will be fun to see.

Brianna said...

I love the term "TP Trumpet". I am going to try to work that in to my first lecture...