Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Pass The Buck

Honestly, one of the added perks to having a husband is that there is someone else to help take the blame... or to put the blame on :) Here is a perfect example...
Yesterday Matthew, Mallory and I attended our friend Anne's 30th b-day bash. Mallory was not supper happy about being there (I'm not sure if she's teething, or it was all the people, or the fact the yard wasn't baby-friendly or what, but she was being a little fuss-bucket). So we called in reinforcements. Yep, the grandparents! (Thank goodness for them). Anyway they showed up and we passed off the little whiner along with her snacks and diaper bag, and Matthew and I enjoyed a few child-free hours. Ahhhhhhh! At about 6:30 we thought that we should probably rescue my folks and so we started saying our 'good-byes'... that's when Matthew came up to me and asked if I had the keys. After giving my pockets a quick pat-down I remembered that I had put them in the diaper bag for safe-keeping! The diaper bag that HE gave to my folks! :) See someone to help share/take the blame. What could be better?! :) I love you Matthew!!!!

4 comments:

Speciale said...

LOVE it! What are husbands for anyway, right? haha jk :) good stuff...

Michelle Shira said...

Not only did you get to share the blame with each other, we got to share more time w/ the two of you while driving you to your parents! It was a fun afternoon. :-)

dalendawn727 said...

And just guess who had to give Matthew a ride back to the car while someone else chatted with her mother:)

Janie said...

How nice of your parents to come get her. Shane and I have made many a boo boo like that. It is such a bummer when you do it.

Was it Seppi's B-day? Man all these people are having big 30th B-day celebrations. I missed out so I am going to have a big 31st celebration! :)