Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rugby Days

I know, you all were thinking that “Surely, rugby season has to be over by now!” Don’t worry I thought that too. But Matthews’s team is actually pretty darn good! Last weekend he and the team DROVE to Boise, Idaho for a national tournament where they took the top 32 teams and whittled them down to the top 16. The League did pretty darn well and are now ranked 9th in the nation! Incredible, I know. But this means that in a few weeks he gets to leave me (again) and travel to Austin, Texas for the next leg of the tournament…. Then if they win both their games in that tourney, they head over to Glendale, Colorado for the National Championships. You all are probably thinking that it’s impressive, and I should be really happy for him… I am, but at the same time I am really struggling with wanting my husband back. I feel sort of selfish (I know, not a big surprise). I mean, he and his team all have worked really hard to get as good as they currently are and a big part of me swells with pride to tell you guys about how well they are doing. Yet another part of me just keeps thinking when do I get to spend time with Matthew? I feel like there is so much to get done prior to our little ones arrival and I sort of feel like I am doing a lot of it on my own, since he has practice 2 nights a week and now has been having tournaments that last Friday to Sunday! So, this is me working on having a cheerful and supportive sprit… But sometimes I still have to vent.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I can totally relate!!! I know how you feel and it will all be over soon enough. I know Joel misses Rugby so much, and feels very sad that he isn't part of the team now. He wanted so badly to be part of the team succeeding!! Hang in there! Call me if you want to chat. :)

Bob and Dottie's Big Adventure said...

Hay, if they come to Colorado you could come too! Where they would be playing is pretty close to us, We'd have such fun!!!! I love you two (almost 3) and it would be great to have you with us.