Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

29 weeks and counting!


It truly is amazing how quickly time flies. Our little one is now about 2.5 pounds and around 15.2 inches long... about the size of a rhubarb stalk. Around 3.5% of its own weight is it's cute baby fat. (I wish I could say the same for my body weight). Our baby is currently making billions of neurons every day now until it's birth! So needless to say it's skull it getting larger to accommodate its growing brain! Also its spleen is now totally in charge of hematopoiesis (formation and development of the cells of the blood), which is a pretty big deal. Also it is just now starting to be able to regulate its own body temperature. The little baby is urinating around 1/2 liter a day, which continues to mix with the other amniotic fluid and gets swallowed and peed out again.... AMAZING! Since we are now in the home stretch (with only around 11 weeks to go) our little baby is going to start to rapidly put on more and more weight, and its clear/pink skin is going to start to get its own pigment. I can't wait to see what this amazing little gift is going to look like!

2 comments:

Speciale said...

So fun!! I can't believe how little time you have left! And yes, I await an acutally bump, for me I know i've grown but geez, no one else would know that!

M. Maudlin said...

I'm so excited for yooooou! I'll bet we can all agree the little one shall be beautiful no matter what the specific characteristics!