Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Mans View on Pregnancy

I know that you are probably wondering why I have a picture of a ‘40’ on the blog… but it goes along with a great story. Last night Matthew and I met up with a handful of other people at a Sports Bar/Restaurant for a fundraiser for our friends Ballet studio. We all had a nice time talking, eating and drinking. Eventually our good buddy Aaron (see I told you that you would eventually do something blog worthy) asked me how much longer before the little one was born. I told him I only had a few more weeks (yes I know that 8 is not a few). Knowing that I had more than ‘a few’ he looked at me like I was crazy…. So I tried to explain that when you start at 40 weeks and now are down to only 8 weeks it feel like nothing… like a few! Aaron was still looking at me like I had gone off my rocker, when much to my surprise Matthew spoke up. He then had a great MALE analogy. He said “ok, if you started out drinking a 40, and now had only 8 ounces left, you would think ‘wow, I only have a few sips left… it’s almost empty or it’s time for another one. Not that wow, I still have 8 whole ounces to drink’” (Though he then quickly clarified that we are not thinking about putting another ‘little one’ in my belly just yet). But it was funny to watch all the guys at the table nod and actually get it! Who knew that pregnancy and a 40 of beer were so similar… I’ll tell you who, a man!

5 comments:

Janie said...

WOW! That is hilarious the way men think! Way to go Matthew for helping a bunch of beer drinkers understand how a pregnant woman feels :) I will be chuckling all day.

Heffe said...

It's about time you post something that made sense. All your previous post were "Blah Blah baby, Blah devolping, Blah amniotic fluid" This one was all about beer and I LOVED IT!!!!

liz said...

so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Beer
Homer

Kristen said...

AHhhhh Ha Ha Ha !!! This is hilarious! How the man's brain thinks!! You should patent this explanation for all the future dad's of the world.