Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby Room Part 2

Next came the fun part... Power tools! I got to do all the cutting of the chair rails, which is always fun because it's like a mini brain teaser with each cut. But I got through it all without even messing up! Which was good because we didn't buy extra boards! :)


Matthew got to do all the nail gunning. Theres something about the nail gun that makes me nerviouse. I know it's strange that I I don't like them, give me a fast spinning saw any day.


Next we attempted to work on putting together the crib... but it was confusing...


Good thing Sonny was there to figure out that we were missing a small peice of hardwear. Seriousely though, I swear sometimes Sonny seems like he knows just what we are doing/looking for and it's like he comes over and helps. What a good dog.


We made a hardwear run (and were actually able to find the exact peice that we were missing) and were able to finish the crib the next day.


I love it! Hopefully the little one loves it too!

2 comments:

Janie said...

Everything looks great so far!! Can't wait to see more. I am a little concerned that you are using high powered saws when your brain cells are rapidly being eaten up by baby.Be careful!

P.S. I am impressed that you are so skilled!! I couldn't cut chair rail if I prayed all day. Too intimidating for me. I hope I live by you some day and can take advantage of your talents.

liz said...

AWESOME!!!! I love the room!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!! totally cute!!!!