Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

28 Weeks!!!!


Holy Cow, I can’t believe that I am 7 months along! 28 weeks down, 12 to go! Sadly I don’t have a new fruit/veggie to share with you, but it’s because our baby only has gained 0.3 inches in length (making it around 14.8 inches long) and weighs around 2.25 pounds. So it’s still about the size of a leek… but weighs about as much as a Chinese cabbage! Over the next 12 weeks it will be gaining more in weight then in length as it lays down its subcutaneous fatty deposits. Therefore, my belly should be growing around a ½ and inch each week to accommodate the ever growing baby. Our little one now has hair that is visible on its head, eyebrows and eyelashes! It is blinking more frequently and is much more sensitive to light and dark. One of these days I am going to have to shine a flashlight on my belly and see if the baby moves away from the light (which is what supposedly is supposed to happen). Red Blood Cells are being made primarily by the bone marrow now, and its adrenal glands are producing androgen and estrogen as we speak. Its little milk teeth are now formed and sitting below the gum line and our baby should be going through regular REM sleep patterns. Which mean that more then likely the baby is starting to have dreams!!! I wonder what a baby dreams about since it hasn’t actually seen/experience anything other then womb life.

4 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

Baby dreams about Grandma's voice, Sonny's bark, and why does mom keep pushing and poking me. Oh yeah, and will Grampa get me a pony, and a pig, and a steer, and...

Janie said...

Yeah, it might be dreaming about but Grandparents but a more likely scenario is that baby is dreaming about aunt Janie! :)

That's a nice tummy you have there. I still feel like you look so small but maybe I'm crazy :) Are people saying that you are caring high. I think you look high up and maybe that's why you are having such terrible heart burn etc. I can't believe you are 7mo. You go girl. Pretty soon you will have a sweet baby to hold in those arms.

M. Maudlin said...

Jess, prego is such a good look for you! I'm going to have to concur with Dawn and Dale and if I were baby Klein I would dream about Grandma Dawn's voice. That might just be because I'm prejudice though (Love you Aunt Dawn!) and know just how much love this little one is going to get from both mom and dad's families!

Arlene said...

Jessica! Wow, haven't seen your photo for a while. Guess you are pregnant, and I wonder what kind of a fruit/vegetable you're having! Probably feels like a watermelon about now.
Loved the story of the smiling man.
You were just glowing I bet and he saw that! if he only knew why!!!