Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blushing

I have a great story! The other day as I was driving home from work, I was in the slow lane on the freeway when I noticed this car that was driving right beside me. It was neither speeding up nor slowing down, so I looked over, thinking that maybe it was someone that I knew who was trying to get my attention. But no, it was some man in a white Subaru that was staring and smiling at me. It made me chuckle and I kept on driving thinking ‘that was cute’. The car stayed right next to me past the next 2 exits, (which started to feel a little bizarre), so finally I looked over again and the guy waved and kept smiling at me. I think at this point I probably turned red and laughed out loud, feeling a little embarrassed both for myself and this guy, who had no idea that he was not only trying to pick up a married lady, but one that is 7 month pregnant! I looked back at this mystery guy and held up my left hand, and waggled my fingers and mouthed ‘I’m Married.’ The guy just shrugged and kept on smiling and driving right beside me. Thankfully a few cars were merging onto the freeway, so I slowed down a smidge and he had to finally drive away. All I could do was laugh as I thought about how funny the look on his face would be if he were to see me waddle out of the truck, baby bump and all!

3 comments:

Janie said...

That's flattering and nice but totally creepy!!! That's a long time to parallel someone. I hope you don't have a stalker on your hands. Maybe he's one of those men who thinks pregnant women are hot so if he saw you get out he would be even more in love :) Keep a look out for white subaru's.

liz said...

That is so funny!!!!! What a confidence booster.. but sorta creepy at the same time!!!

Heffe said...

I like to do the same thing to 80 year old women.....it REALLY creeps them out.