Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

2 Week Check Up


Yes, that is a manly blue package covering Wesley’s ‘package’. It was too cute of a picture not to share… but I didn’t think everyone on the web needed/wanted to see what he’s ‘packin’.
Anyway, today Wes had his 2 week doctor checkup. It went great! He has grown an inch, his head has grown an ½ inch and he has gained 8 ounces. So he is now 20 inches long, his head is 13.58 and he weighs a whooping 7 pounds 6.3 oz! He is nice and strong and is starting to push up with his legs when you stand in upright. He loves tummy-time and will lift and turn his head on his own. He is still way mellow, and is an all-around happy man. The past two days he has been trying to up my milk supply, so he’s wanting to eat every 2 hours (almost on the dot) even at night (Not nearly as fun as the 4 hour sleeping stents he was doing)… but at least he goes right back to sleep when he is full.
Mallory is still being wonderful with him, though she is too helpful at times and we constantly have to remind her to be gentle, or not to cover him with blankets, not to steal his blankets from him, not to drop books on him and not to shove his pacifier in his mouth! But at least there has yet to be any resentment or mean play (fingers crossed).
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Brianna said...

I love you Wesley!!!

Janie said...

The package is HILARIOUS! Smart though. I am so glad he is doing well but I don't want him to grow too much before I get back to see him! Your whole thing at the end about Mallory made me laugh right out loud. She is so awesome. I miss everyone. Love you guys.

Speciale said...

Haha, I love the "package!" So funny, and I agree, smart. He is so so so sweet!! Although I feel exhausted just thinking about getting up every two hours again, on the other hand that is awesome that he is not having any issues with nursing or keeping you up too long (hopefully he keeps being such a great sleeper!). Every time I read about Mallory being rough it just makes me think that her and Eli could be good friends-maybe they'd actually be able to keep up with each other lol!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, he is so sweet! The "package" is adorable . . . great idea! :-)

Jer said...

you have THE BEST sense of humor