Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random Info

 

Wonders of wonders, I am alive! Sorry I have been a little overwhelmed lately, and somehow the 24 hours we are allotted each day is not nearly enough to do everything that I am wanting to get done… so needless to say I am doing the more important things like feeding the family and animals, exercising, cleaning, playing, changing diapers and napping when possible. Things that I may WANT to do like Blogging, bubble baths, painting my toes and full night’s sleep have been moved to the do when/if I can list (or possibly the never again list in the case of the night’s sleep). Wesley seems to have gotten into a ‘habit’ of waking up ever 1 ½ to 2 hours a night and wants to nurse. I had thought that it was just to up my milk, but now that it has been going on for a week and a half I am thinking it’s just him, not the milk. Yesterday I went to see a lactation consultant just to make sure all is fine with his nursing/my milk (I think I’m a little gun-shy after all the issues with our Little Miss). But Wes and I are totally ‘normal.’ And the consultant gave me a few really great things to try (to see if we can get him to go a little longer between night time feedings...this translates to me getting to sleep a little longer). We did them yesterday/last night and Wesley slept for 3 to 3 ½ hour stents all night! Heaven! Hopefully it continues. Oh, he did get weighed yesterday and he is now 7 pounds, 14 oz (up an entire pound since birth).
Ok, now to brag on Mallory for a second. She is such a riot, she knows her colors so well, and walks around telling you “this is the_______ (insert any color here) one” to just about anything. She knows red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, black, brown and (the dreaded) pink. She also knows the names of all 7 dwarfs (she has these little plastic Disney dwarf dolls), and she is working on the numbers 1-10. It was so funny, the other night I was helping her say her prayers (me say the words and she repeats them) and this is how our conversation to God went:
Jessica: Dear…
Mallory: Dear
J: Lord
M: Lord
J: Thank you
M: Naake you
J: For
M: Five
J: no, for
M: Five
J: ok, never mind… the day.
M: K, mind, da day.
It was cracking me up… after all the work on numbers, of course FIVE comes after FOR.
I’m telling you, in a matter of years she is going to be the smartest on in this house.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

lowrain said...

I just love what children do with language as they are learning but haven't put their world together yet. So much in that computer head of hers. She is adorable.
Love the pix of Sonny and the little ones. Take good care, angels will attend you all
Love Marilyn B

lowrain said...

PS, Don't want to leave out how great Matt looks either.

Speciale said...

You and your smart little girl are making all the rest of the moms/toddlers of the world look bad! lol! What a smart girl!! No joke. The prayer thing made me laugh right out loud. While she's busy being smart, my son is busy barking at all the animals of the world thinking they are all dogs! Little hungry man! Although I can't wait to have another, reading your blogs about having a newborn is making me wonder how I ever got through that....but I do remember that it has an end! One day they start sleeping long hours, don't forget that :)

Brianna said...

That just make me laugh out loud. It reminds me of the conversations I have with my kiddos. I LOVE the funny side of parenting--which is 90% of it. 10% poop.

Janie said...

That made me laugh out loud! She is so smart. I am glad you are busy being a mom with good priorities. I do miss the more frequent blogs but I DO understand. He isn't very old still and you will get into a groove. Glad nursing is going so well, even if you are tired. :)

Happy Home & Broken Bones said...

This is too funny! She's so cute & smart! I'm sure Janie is right and you will get into a groove soon . . . even though X is almost 8 months and I have yet to get my groove back! :-)