Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beenas Visit

Sweet Beena left this morning after a week long visit with us! Her main reason for the trip was to meet little Wesley Man, but she was also missing Mallory (oh and the rest of us too). I think that this was my favorite trips of hers as of yet. We really hit it off (we have always gotten along wonderfully, but sometimes butt heads due to our personalities). But this trip was wonderful! She fell madly in love with Wesley and really bonded with Mallory (and Mallory to her. In fact Mallory woke up this morning and pretended to call Beena on her fake cell phone). Benna would sit for hours with Wesley sound asleep on her chest telling me stories of the trips overseas that she and Boppa took (stories I had never heard!!!) and talking about the differences/similarities of child rearing now v.s. 65 years ago. She (and mom) even baby sat the kids a few times while I ran errands or went to appointments. It was a total blessing to have her here and the week went way too quickly. I'm hoping that she'll come again before July.... but we'll see.

3 comments:

Brianna said...

How sweet :) Makes me smile all the way across the country. I'm in love with your kids even if I am separated from them. You guys are doing such a wonderful job and your little family is just adorable. Missing you!

M. Maudlin said...

I'm hoping to be able to visit her in a couple of weeks when I am in San Diego with some friends! I am glad her visit was so sweet :)

Janie said...

How sweet. I love those moments in time when you find out new things about your loved ones. My Grandma told me a bunch of stories I had never heard, about her, when I was pregnant with Reecie Bell.

I am glad it was a nice visit. Love the picture.