Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Photo Shoots

Ok, so I feel a little naive in saying this, but I honestly didn’t realize how little time I was going to have with two kids. I’m sure that all you moms are probably shaking your head and laughing at me, but I really thought that I would at least have a second or two every day to get out to the garage and work on my blog or my photo album. Yeah right! But if Mallory doesn’t need me, Wesley does. I don’t know how people with two or more do it…. What’s the trick?
Anyway, I have been trying to write about Wesley’s photo shoots for the past few weeks, but just haven’t gotten around to it. So better late, then never, right?
I’m pretty sure that Wesley thinks that he is royalty or famous and is being stocked by the paparazzi the way that cameras appear and flashes go off when ever he’s around! Between, me, my mom, Joyce and the two photo shoots he’s been in, it’s no big surprise that flashes don’t seem to bother him anymore.
When Janie came to visit, she graciously took a trillion newborn photos of both him and of our entire family. And let me tell you, it is NO small feat to get a picture of Mallory holding still… but she did it! It was such a fun shoot, lots of different settings, hats and outfits! We had a ball and she has such a great eye. I can’t thank her enough (and I will very soon have a handful of her photos hanging on our wall).
The second photo shoot was done by Michelle Demoss (who works with my mom). Apparently mom knits a bunch of things for her, so Michelle wanted to thank her but doing a photo shoot of Wesley. This shoot was great too! We went to her house and she had the whole nine yards (in terms of gear/props/equipment/editing software). She spent two hours shooting Wesley and got some incredible shots. I feel like he’s now the poster child for cuteness! I have a handful of her pictures ordered too… I’m telling you Wesley is just too cute not to order a ton of them.
So thank you to all that were involved in capturing the cuteness Wesley’s first few weeks of life.

 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Janie said...

Loved being there and taking pix. Wish I could have brought my lighting. LOVE the pictures your mom's friend took. She got a cute one of Mallory! Yay! So sweet.

He is adorable and will have to get used to the flash for a LOT longer because we expect to see frequent picture updates of Wes on the blog.

P.S. The rest of us mom's like it when you join the overly busy mom's club ;) Love you!

lowrain said...

I was looking to see if one of these pix didn't look like Dale but they all did. So here is to passin' on the genes Dale. Way to go. Sorry Matt but Mallory looks just like you.
Fantastic pix. I love the one where it looks like he is sitting up on the bottom of his shoot alone.

Katie said...

Such fun and beautiful pics!
I love the one of Mallory doing a little headstand. :)
Wesley is a handsome little guy!
So glad you shared all these pictures with all of us. It is so fun to watch your family grow!

Brianna said...

Moving from one to two kids is like moving from a brisk walk to a full sprint. You can do it!! You just have to stay up later, or get up earlier, or both. Sleep is overrated. Loving you from here!

Michelle said...

Love, love, love all of these!!!