Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our Little Bruiser


Please note her black eyes (that's right, plural… the has had 2 black eyes on the left eye in the past 3 weeks)… plus one heck of a bloody nose.
I’m telling you, Mallory is the most rough and tumble kid around! She is not what you would call ‘dainty’… not by any stretch of the imagination. It is both fun and nerve-wracking to have a child that thinks falling, jumping off or banging into things is how you have the best time ever. She is a constant sores of amusement for us, as we watch her bounce around the house (sort of like a pin-ball meets a bull in a china shop) banging of this wall, falling off that chair, hitting her head/eye/face/leg/arm/bootie on this or that. Most of the time she bounces up and is no worse for the wear… other times she has to cry for a few seconds before continuing on her path of mass destruction. She is so much fun, and we are looking forward to watching her play sports (and probably tear through the opponent without blinking an eye). We are already thinking about what sort of signing bonus to ask for.
Another fun little thing about our ‘little’ Mallory Rose is that lately she has been really into people’s names. She can remember all sorts of names and then will tell you a story about what that person did when she saw them. With all the guests that we have had over she has picked up a few funny little quirks; like the other day I walked into her room and she looked up and with a big grin said “Jesssssssiiiiiieeeeee!” I have to now keep reminding her to call me Momma, not Jessie. Also, she and I were talking about her Daddy the other night (he was at Rugby practice), when she blurted out “Matthew, Big, Strong Man!” She even made the flexed muscle arm gesture… don’t ask me where she learned this, but I was dying! Don’t get me wrong, it’s true, he is a big, strong man, but why would she know that? Too cute.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

First of all, look at her mom and Jeff. Second, I can't wait till Child Protective Services meets you in the ER like they did with us. I love the way that what goes around comes around.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Sure, Mallory will be into sports and Wesley will play the violin :) Such fun watching kids grow and choose their paths in life. Kisses to all, Aunt Dottie

Janie said...

She is my favorite little girl!!! I wish I could observe her 24/7. I hope she got the Jessie from me but probably other people call you that too. I didn't know CPS met your parents in the ER! eek. Was that with Jeff? That would be scary. Good luck.

Michelle said...

Such cute stories. She is too funny!