Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

36 Weeks

So the excitement for this week is that the baby has actually managed to stay inside for another week… much to my discomfort! Way to go kid-o. Now at 36 weeks our little BB should be around 19 inches long and weighing in at around 6 (+) pounds. All of the lanugo (hair) that it had spent weeks accumulating should now be in the process of shedding rapidly. As it accumulates more and more body fat it won’t need all that hair to help keep it warm. It is roughly the same size as our Milwaukee power drill (with a hecka long drill-bit added on). Yes, and I am pretty sure that the term ‘hecka-long-drill-bit’ is a common term that contractors like to throw around.
I’m feeling pretty good. I am starting to have some pretty good contraction, in terms of strength, but they are still only coming about ever 20-25 minutes, so nothing to get all excited about. The under-carriage pressure is getting pretty intense at times though, like it’s not always fun to be sitting (if you know what I mean)… and if you don’t…. lucky you. It would be nice if BB wanted to cook for another 6 days, putting him/her at 37 weeks, but we’ll see. I’ll be trying to take it easy until then.
I need to blog about the WONDERFUL Sprinkle that Mom and Joyce threw for me yesterday, so I’ll try and do that soon. Also, Matthew, Mallory and I took ‘Belly pictures’ today, I’m not going to post them, but I’ll be making another Belly Book, so if you want to see them, just ask (which means coming and visiting for some of you!!!!) But here is one (since it is time for my 9 month picture).


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Brianna said...

That picture is amazing! Gorgeous mama!!!

familyof5 said...

Ok #1- awesome pic. And you seem really small for 9 months, but I get how it feels huge...
#2 - it took me WAAAAAAY to long to figure out what a "sprinkle" was.
#3 - I wanna see the belly book. What is it???

familyof5 said...

And, now I am embarrased with my spelling and gramatical errors. Nice.

dalendawn727 said...

Wow...someone appologizing to you for spelling...now that's funny! (oh, did I say that out loud?)

Speciale said...

Woohoo! Made it to 36 weeks! Good job BB! I can't believe how great you look! I hope I look that good with my 2nd!

Janie said...

Man, you are almost there! I love that picture. It is so sweet and you look just beautiful! What a gorgeous pregnant belly you get. I know you are so uncomfortable, but I will miss seeing the beauty and wonder of your pregnant body.

Can't wait to hear about the sprinkling!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful teeny tiny tummy! Such a lovely pic!