Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pregnancy Differences

All during this pregnancy I kept thinking how very different
it was then the first… so I thought that maybe it was because it was a
different gender, but I never really documented all the differences because I
was afraid to jinx it. Now that our little man is here I can write about all
the differences (not that anyone else really cares, but I want to remember).

Mallory: 3 weeks of morning sickness
Wesley: 10 weeks of ALL the time sickness, especially when
it came to meat
M: Heart burn
W: Liquid fire-like heart burn from everything I ate
(lettuce, bananas, pasta, butter, water)
M: Never had to shave
W: Had to shave ever 2-3 days
M: Gained 35 pounds all in the first 2 trimesters (including
a J-lo like bootie/hips/thighs). Carried her wide
W: Gained 28 pounds throughout the entire pregnancy (and
lost 2 pounds in the last week), never really got the dreaded ‘bootie.’ Carried
him like a soccer ball under my shirt, all out front.
M: NEVER wanted sweets but always wanted peanut butter and
veggies.
W: ALWAYS wanted sweets (still do) and pasta.
M: Only had 2 emotional/hormonal breakdowns.
W: Seemed to breakdown once a month… at ‘nothing’ in
particular.
M: Didn’t mind many smells.
W: Would gag at just the thought of smelling alcohol
(especially beer), meat, or anal glands.
M: REALLY sleepy… practically comatose.
W: Just tired.
M: Developed the Linia Nigra (the line down the tummy)
W: The line never showed up.
M: Clear completion
W: Totally broke out during first trimester.
M: Water broke but no contractions
W: Contractions but no breakage of water (prior to it being
done for me/him)

It seems like the only similarities were that there was a
baby inside me, and I ALWAYS had to pee.

5 comments:

Janie said...

That is pretty crazy the difference. I am glad they were both human babies though.

Jer said...

ROFL janie....

familyof5 said...

Yeah, keep track, and then your next one will be all over the board, and you will confused as heck. THEN, your forth will be like "one of the others, you just don't remember which" cause you didn't bother to write down everything with the third, and have pretty much run out of time to do that kind of thing.....LOL!

Janie said...

Jeralyn,

I will have you know I had to Facebook ROFL! I am glad I made you laugh!! :) And I am glad I now know what that means so I can use it. I know I am so out of touch.

P.S. You have a great sense of humor :)hehe

Michelle said...

Love your summary of similarities. :-)

I'm excited to see how different #2 is for me . . . in a few years . . .