Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Birthing Humor

I know that what you all really want are more cute pictures of our newest addition and I promise they are coming (because he really is getting cuter and cuter my the second)… but I wanted to write down one more part of the birth story, before I forget about the humor of birth!
Matthew is an amazing partner/coach. Really! If there ever was a supportive husband of the year award he would get it. He was great at letting me lean, hold, squeeze, hang, breath on/with him through all of labor. He could tell when a contraction was coming on and was totally flexible to whatever it was that I wanted or needed for those eternal seconds. But there was one point towards the end of my whorl-wind labor/ delivery that I was totally zeroed in on the mirror and all my focus and motivation was watching and touching the baby’s head as it move down. Matthew, being the ever level headed and supportive guy that he is knew that I should be breathing more and doing the short, burst-like pushes that I was asked to do by the midwife (not doing the long, hard powerful pushing that my body was screaming at me to do). So he was leaning over the edge of the bed in my ear/on my cheek ‘demonstrating’ how I should be breathing. All I could feel though were these hot bursts of warm sticky air hitting my face, TOTALLY distracting me. For some ‘odd’ reason I couldn’t think of the words “please stop breathing on my face,” so in the heat of the moment my only form of communicating my displeasure which what he was doing was to turn to him, look him straight in the eyes and zurburt (or Raspberry) they air, spraying spit all over him in the process!
Needless to say I got my point across and he stopped! Much to his credit he didn’t even retaliate (which would be considered typical Matthew fashion).
Thanks My Love, you were wonderful!
Sorry!!!!!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

No you didn't. That's hilarious!!!

Katie said...

That is hilarious!!! What a great husband!

Michelle said...

LOL! Love this! :-)