Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Our Ocean Day


This past Saturday was THE first Saturday that Matthew and I didn't have something to do in a very long time! It was a wonderful and strange feeling, knowing that the entire day was open for us to use how ever we wanted. We decided that we would go visit his grandma (who is in a nursing home in Sebastopol). We had a wonderful visit with her, then thought, "hey, it's lunch time, why don't we drive out to the coast for some clam chowder." So we took the new car on a little joy ride to Bodega Bay! We used to ALWAYS drive out to the ocean... then life happened and we got to busy with other plans/school/sports that I think it has been years since we've been there together. It was a cool and foggy day... but nothing that a little fresh warm clam chowder couldn't remedy. :) I was told by our waitress that I was glowing (which is the first time I've been told that!!!!) Maybe it was just that she wanted to get a good tip (it worked)... but none the less it was fun to hear. When we were done eating, we drove over to Hog Island (Tomolis Bay area) and decided to buy a whole slew of fresh oysters (then invite some family over for an impromptu BBQ). It still amazes me what a stunning area I have been so blessed to live it!
The day way practically perfect! I feel relaxed just thinking about it. That night though, as Matthew and I lay in bed I started to cry a little, because it hit me that THAT was probably THE last time (at least for many years) that just he and I will ever be able to spontaneously leave for a little 'us' time. I am so in love with him and there are times when I'm not sure I am ready/willing to share him... even if it is with our little baby. Selfish, I know!

3 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

Maybe you should get your dog to help you. After all, I've always been a fan of....(wait for it)....Sonny and Share
Dad

Janie said...

This post brought feelings of sweet memories, love for the coast and total jealously that you live there and can pop over. I miss the ocean.

What a wonderful day! I am feeling serene like I enjoyed the day with you. Thanks for that. I'm glad you had such a nice time with you sweetie.

Speciale said...

I was just talking with some friends today about how mad I am that Joe and I didn't take better advantage of the ocean while we lived there! our anniversary is next month and i would kill to go there for it! at least i can live vicariously through your post haha.