Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Getting Closer

Ok, so don't get too excited... but yesterday I had one of my weekly Baby Dr. appointments (sadly not with my regular Dr.... she's off in some other country getting married... she must have her priorities messed up, thinking that her wedding is more important then our little one) :) Any way, the Dr. checked me, and according to her I am 60% effaced and about 1 centimeter dilated! I know that I could go around like this for the next few weeks, but it's still pretty fun to think that my body is 'getting ready' for our little ones arrival! The Dr. was saying how my progress was great, considering that for lots of first time moms nothing typically is happening 2 1/2 weeks out. This would help explain all the 'pressure' felt up in my undercarriage area. (At least I'm not crazy). So keep your fingers crossed that things continue to progress and a nice rate and that we'll get to meet our little one soon! :)

2 comments:

Janie said...

I am seriously impressed with your progress! Even if you don't have your baby until your due date, it means you have one less centimeter to go when you are in labor. Whoo Whoa!

liz said...

WONDERFUL NEWS!! Praying for you friend!!