Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

38 Weeks

Ok, I think that it's appropriate I start tracking the count down in days now that we are beyond the less then 2 weeks to go mark... ONLY 13 days (or so) to go!!!!! Eek! Welcome to the "Waiting Game". Supposedly my belly is about as big as it is going to be getting, so that's a relief considering that I can't bend over, can't see my toes, let alone my belly button (which is now sticking out and flat... so I'm told) :) Our little one should still be gaining about an ounce a day and should weigh somewhere between 6 1/2 and 7 pounds and be about 19-20 inches long! It's little organs are now fully mature and its intestines are full of meconium (yes that's the tar-like black/green poo). The circumference of our little ones head and abdomen are roughly the same size and its fingernails and toenails are supposedly quite long and sharp... better for it to dig it's way out... right? (gross). I kept being told that the movements were going to greatly decrease, but I'm still waiting for that to happen. It's like I have a little tornado going on in the belly about 1/2 of the time. Even clients are noticing my belly move!
For the past 2 nights I have had to get up to pee just about every hour, then add to that waking up to take tums, raise the bed, fluff the pillows, take off/put on clothes..., sleeping is just about impossible! Poor me! Poor Matthew! :)

4 comments:

Janie said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are not sleeping well. I hope baby comes soon so you get part of your body back.

I am totally grossed out about the digging comment! I seriously gagged when I got the mental picture. can't wait to see you! tell baby to please come on Friday so I can leave the kids with Shane and come for the weekend.

Speciale said...

Woohoo! I can't believe how close you are! Look at all these fun and gross things I have to look forward to, lol :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jessie, Your talking about not seeing your toes and having to get up to pee every hour. What's the big deal, that's my life, or maybe I'm pregnant and it just taking a long time to ripen. Aunt Dottie and I are anxious for the big day.
Uncle Bob

liz said...

i hear ya about the getting up every hour... miserable! I agree with Janie... this weekend would be WONDERFUL!!!!! Love you!!