Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weeks 14 AND 15

Week 14 came and went and now week 15 is almost over! Time is flying by… how is it, that as we get older time goes faster? Beats me. So during week 14 our new little one was about 3 ½ inches long (about the size of the tape measure that I have been using to find all my garage items).

Week 15 little BB has grown another half inch and is 4 inches long now (head to rump… not counting its little legs)! Roughly the length of this ¼ inch wide drill bit. During this week lanugo (the fine hair that covers our baby) is growing all over, keeping him/her nice and warm. Its head and eyebrow hair is also starting to sprout. Its little legs are now longer then its arms in addition, its body it now more proportional to its head size. A fun little fact is that this week BB is developing taste buds… not that the urine-filled amniotic fluid that its floating in is supper appetizing… but there is some thought that it can start to get a taste of the flavors that I am eating. BB, let me introduce you to chocolate. Chocolate, this is BB. Get to know each other, you will be good, good friends.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Speciale said...

Yes, you and chocolate will be like sisters in fact haha! :) I can't believe you are only 5 weeks from the half way point, what the hec? SO fun!! Can't wait to see some belly shots, hint hint.

Janie said...

I love your introduction. Chocolate is a very important part of the food pyramid. Great post!! I can't believe how long it took me to read it! It's that time flying thing. I am finding myself feeling impatient to meet BB! Keep growing little one. The surprise is killing Aunt Janie.