Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

17 Weeks


17 weeks! Our little B.B. is a tich over 5 inches from head to bum (so just about the same size as a can of Ginger Ale). Yes, that’s a can that’s left over from my first trimester illness. I’m so glad I’m not going through that anymore, but the energy that I’m ‘supposed’ to regain during the second trimester has yet to make an appearance. I still feel like I could sleep any time (if only I could either have the chance to nap OR it seems like if I’m given the chance, despite how heavy my eyes are, I can’t seem to shut my brain off… I’m worrying about this or that). Sigh.
Any way… B.B. is developing sweat glands this week. I have to say, that picking Mallory up after a nap and she’s all sweaty and her hair is damp and all over the place is just about one of my favorite thing about being a parent. She smells so sweet and damp. B.B’s heart rate is also now regulated by its brain (it’s no longer just a random flutter of contractions and relaxations…. SOOOOOO cool)! Its eyes have now made their full migration to the front of its little face and are in their permanent position, though it’ll be quite some time before they are functional.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brianna said...

So exciting!! I have to tell you this cuteness from Indiana. We'll just be going about our business when Jacob will stop and look at me "Mom, Jessie's going to have another baby, right?" He's thinking about you :)

Addison mentions little BB too. But, mostly just refers to Mallory whenever there is a "baby" related situation. "Mom, I think Mawawy would like this dolly." etc. etc.

You're never far from our minds and hearts :)

Speciale said...

It's almost like a lie that you are 17 weeks, I was shocked to read that!

Janie said...

I cannot believe you are almost half way. I too like when I get my kids up from a nap and they are all sweaty. It is cute to hear you describe things about being a mom, or Mallory's mom, as you describe the stages of your pregnancy. It will be neat for you to read back over the differences you felt during both pregnancies.