Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Comparing


Its funny, I know that there are some things that I would LIKE to do as a parent, but I’m not really sure how to make sure that those happen. For instance; I think Mallory is uber smart/bright/talented/ (should I dare, brilliant)… but I might be just a SMIDGE bias. But I know that it’s really going to be important, as a parent, that I DO NOT compare everything that this new little one does/will do/looks like… to all that Mallory does/has done/will do. But it’s going to be hard! Because I’m already thinking things like, ‘gee I felt Mallory move at 16 weeks,’ or ‘I hope that BB will sleep through the night at 5 weeks like Mallory’, or ‘not be colicky like Mallory’…. See I’m already doing what I DON’T want to do. So for all of you with multiple kiddos, how in the world do you avoid the whole comparing of children thing (especially when one kid is so obviously perfect)? Tee heee heee

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

familyof5 said...

lol!
Sorry if we gave you a start the other day. I hate it when people yell out their windows as they drive past. I almost pee my pants every time....

Janie said...

By the way, she is so stinkin cute!!!! I can' help but squeal every
time I see her picture!

I had the same worries. Once your new precious one comes you will love them for their own personality and talents and it is easier than you think to not compare. I ended up being grateful for their differences. You will be a natural, just like with everything you do :)

Brianna said...

Compare away....just don't let them hear you ;)

Brianna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.