Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Small animal world

So this posting is not meant to brag (ok, maybe a little), no but really, it's just so that you all can share in my excitement of work. 8 months ago I started working as a full time small animal vet, after ONLY doing large animals (and swearing that I would only ever do large animals) God had different plans. :) Any way I had a new client come in yesterday with her new dog (she only wanted to see ME)!
Which was exciting enough... but when I walked into the room and introduced myself to her and her pup, she said "so this is the infamous Dr. Klein..." I just smiled and laughed... but then she explained that for the past 4 weeks she has been going to one of our local dog parks and apparently the buzz at the park is all about the "new young vet" and how good I am!!!!!!!! I think that after she told me that I turned many shades of red, and you all know me, I DO NOT get embarrassed! Through the course of appointment she continued to say what she had heard and comment on how she really agrees/how she has enjoyed her visit and that she wished she would have gotten a pet earlier so that she could have come in before yesterday to meet me! Cute Huh?
As if that clients visit didn't put me in a grant enough mood, I got a call from one of the very well know/highly esteemed referral vets in our area. I had transferred a patient to him yesterday (along with the animals history/radiographs/blood work...) because I had reached the end of what I could do here (we don't have an endoscope). Any way, the other Dr. was just calling me to not only update me on what was (or wasn't in this case) going on with the patient, but he also really wanted to talk to me and tell me what a great work up I did on this case!!!! He went on about my history/ultrasound technique/interpretations/diagnosis... and wanted to tell me that he was really happy to be working with me and assisting in this case.
Those 2 encounters REALLY made me feel so good! Because there are many times that I think to myself, "I hope that I am doing everything that I can for the patient AND still making the client happy." Things are SO much different in the small animal world, it has been a very fun and sometimes frightening transition. I am just happy to get that sort of positive reinforcement!
Ok, I'm done bragging!

8 comments:

liz said...

that is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great way to start your Thursday!! You are an excellent Vet!! I knew that the minute you told me about the little bird that you worked on!! That picture you showed me is an image that I never want to forget.. such attention to detail!! Praise the Lord that you can serve Him with such joy!!

Heffe said...

I've got a little dog that is now very scared everytime I get near his backside......and I blame that on you.

Speciale said...

That is so awesome! I can only imagine how great of a vet you are! ps: LOVE the cute dog you are holding!!

Janie said...

You're the BOMB!!!!!! But I always knew you were. Maybe someday you will have your own Vet TV show and you'll be more famous than the dog whisperer.

I am so proud of you. Can you believe how far you have come since last year!! You are an amazing woman. One that I can look up too. You go prego Dr.

Bob and Dottie's Big Adventure said...

What? I'm supposed to be surprized? As the only girl on the Reitz side (cousins)I always knew you would do great things---after all you're the only one to represent what my granddaughters call "girl power"! The only thing bigger than my pride is my love for you! Aunt Dottie

Jer said...

Congrats Jessica, so proud of you, and your skills to work up those complicated cases!!!

Katie said...

You are awesome! Way to go!!!
Now if you would just move to Kansas so I could have a wonderful Vet there! :)

Seriously, I will be calling or emailing for advice when the time arrives for me to add a cute puppy to my family!

Michelle said...

Way to go! If you can't brag to your friends and family, who can you brag too? :-)