Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Busy Baby


Our little one is going to be doing SOOOOOO much this week. (It's not even born and already it's schedule is packed)! Now that the baby is 16 weeks it is about the size of an Avocado (about 4 1/2 inches)... BUT I just learned something that I had been neglecting to tell you all... that length is the crown to rump length (better known as top of head to bottom of the bottom length) so that 4 1/2 inches does NOT include the legs! WOW! So all stretched out our little gremlin is even longer then I thought! It weighs about 3 1/2 oz. (around 100 paper clips) and has started to go through sleep, dreaming and wake cycles. It's little heart is now pumping around 25 quarts of blood every day and is urinating ever 45 minutes (hey, just like me)! :) The bones in the inner ear are forming so it is picking up even more sounds, oh and the ears are now migrating to their spot on the head (and are no longer on the neck... which would be a strange place to have ears). The eyebrows and eye lashes are growing/filling in and it's toenails are starting to grow! The little baby now has taste buds (though I can't imagine that the amniotic fluid tastes very good). Also, or little baby as started to store/form fat under its skin and is working on regulating it's own temperature some. If it takes after me then my uterus can't get hot enough for it, but if it takes after Matthew then it's going to be searching for the A/C button! I warned you that it's schedule was full!

6 comments:

Janie said...

Your blog is like a teaching blog :)
It's very fun. My what a cute avocado you have!

Has your mom found out yet if she can get the day off for the shower?

liz said...

I love it!!!!!!!! So informative.. and very adorable at the same time!!!!! I was just going to make Sean a BLT with avocado sandwich for lunch.. but now I am thinking twice about that!!! :) Hooray for growing babies!! I go next week.. and can't wait to get another ultra sound!!!

dalendawn727 said...

In your picture of my grandchild, which end is the head and which end is the bottom. I want to know if it will be a very smart person, or a post player. Oh, wait a minute, you CAN be both. Just so it doesn't shoot free throws like Baker :) Dad

dalendawn727 said...

Wow! With all the hard work little pumpkin is doing, I hope it's able to get a nap in once in a while...Makes me tired just reading about it! Granmama Dawn

Lynn said...

I love it, Jessie! I love seeing a person with lots of medical knowledge just be confounded and amazed by the miracle happening inside her-- {{{hugs}}}
-- Auntie M --

lowrain said...

i just love avacado's
lowrain