Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sick :(

Ok, so I think as of now the worst past about being pregnant is the fact that I am not allowed to take cold medication! Yesterday morning I started feeling a little sick, so I loaded up on a bunch of different forms of Vitamin C. By the afternoon my head was full, my nose clogged, my throat soar and my joints achy. After talking with a pharmacist and a midwife (at moms work) it sounded like my best option was to take Tylenol and cough/throat lozenges. I have been taking those, still doing the vit. C thing, drinking lots of fluid (tea, water, juice) and tyring to sleep lots (but I was/am so achy that it didn't matter what position I was in I just couldn't sleep)... any one have any good tricks for getting through being sick while pregnant? This is a bummer! Help!

8 comments:

Bob and Dottie's Big Adventure said...

I wouldn't dare give advice on what to take. It's been way too long since I've been pregnant! Hang in there----this too shall pass. love, Aunt Dottie

dalendawn727 said...

I'm so sorry :(, Di you try saline drops for the stuffiness? When you're not at work you can do Benedryl...lots of zzzz's! Love momma

Katie said...

Oh, you poor thing!!!
Have you tried a vaporizor with eucalyptus essential oil? This would help your stuffiness as well as your throat and could help you get some rest.

Get well soon!!!

Janie said...

Oh, I am so sorry. It is terrible to be pregnant and sick. What might help is tracking down the person who gave it to you and beating them up :)

liz said...

I hope that you feel better mama!!!! Praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lady!
You need lots of sleep. Let your body sleep it off. Get your rest!!!
-Natalie

Heffe said...

Whiskey, LOTS and LOTS of whiskey. That's how mom got rid of her colds when she was pregs with me, and look how I turned out. Gotta go.....the floors are spinning and the oven is talking to me again.

Lynn said...

eat raw garlic... chop up a clove like a bunch of little pills & just pop it by the handful! It works really well for me (and for Beena) in speeding up recovery and in resisting the bugs in the first place so hopefully it will work for you, too-- {{hugs}}