Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Yap, Yap, Yap

I know, I know, all parents think that their child is a brilliant genius, but I am pretty sure mine actually IS! :) A few days ago, while we were driving in the car and Mallory was looking at the bottom of her shoe (which had a black/brown dirt clod on it) and out of nowhere said "Momma, dis es dirty." ('Momma, this is dirty', for those of you who need a little help on translating baby talk). I was dumbfounded. I wasn't the only one who herd it either... Mom, dad, and Matthew were all there too! We all just sort of looked around at each other in disbelief. Did Mallory just say an entire sentience??? Yep. It's crazy, she just turned 15 months and is stringing appropriate words together to create a truly understandable sentience. WOW. As a parent I feel like I am constantly being blown away!

4 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

I hate to burst your bubble darling daughter of mine, but I, too, was stringing words togather to make a sentence at 15....oh, you said months...never mind.
Dad

Speciale said...

Genius for sure, the only explanation! Seriously, that is crazy!

Brianna said...

You, Matt, your mom, your dad....all liars.

haha. just kidding of course. Mallory is a genius.

Janie said...

That is so exciting!!!! Just know, once they start you can't turn them off. But you won't want to for a few more years anyway ;) she is such a smart girl!! That is so young to be speaking so well. can't wait to hear it myself!