Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

18 Weeks


Posted by Picasa

Another Week has passed and now, at 18 weeks old little B.B is about 6 inches long! Wow, half a foot... OR about the size of a box cutter (gee don't all parents want to think of their little babies as potentially lethal weapon???) Any way, its about 7 oz in weight and is working on a plethora of new things. It's building up a nice layer of white vernix and can hear so well that it can be startled by loud sounds. It's vocal cords are formed and it will go through the motions for crying, yawning and making different faces. The alveoli in its lungs are formed (but not functional) and the 2 main stem lung bronchi have branched. The other cool thing, is that this week the myelin (which is the covering over the nerves) has started to form!

Oh and my uterus is about the size of a cantaloupe!

4 comments:

Janie said...

It's going fast... at least for us outsiders who are not going through, being pregnant. Can't wait for more belly pictures.

Jessica said...

It's going WAY fast for me too! I held up a ruler to my belly to picture how long the baby was (even if you just think about the 6 inches from head to butt it seems sooooo big). In a few more days I'll be at the same 1/2 way point that I was with Mallory! THere I times that I don't feel like 40 weeks is enough time to be fully 'ready' for an additional baby... and there are times when I just want to see our newest little family member.

Jer said...

Umm. Can we find something softer than a boxcutter for the next pic??

Speciale said...

No joke, soon we'll be reading about what happens at 37 weeks! I second Janie, no skimping on the belly pix!