Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Half Way There!

Sorry that I have been MIA for the past week or so. But in the true spirit of trying to relax, Mallory, Matthew and I met my parents in Vermont for a week long trip. I'll talk more about that soon, but first let me update the ever growing baby/belly (I'll add a belly shot soon, I promise).

At 19 weeks our little baby was about 9 inches long (now measuring from head to toe)... so about the size of a tube of High Performance Stretch Wrap (used for packing/wrapping things).



I am now a titch over 20 weeks! Wow, it's going so fast! At 20 weeks our little B.B. is about 10 inches (H to T) roughly the size of a 13/16 Craftsman wrench and weighs up to one pound! It should be totally covered with white vernix and it's toes and fingers completely formed. It is starting to make meconium as it's little digestive tract learns to work, all organs are where they should be and now our little babe is just working on plumping up. My belly is getting BIG! If I lay down there is a big indentation from my diaphragm until my belly button, then BAM my uterus gets out of control! I have given up on sucking in my tummy... it's impossible, and have finally busted out the matternity clothes (though most are still to big, all my regular jeans/clothes are just TOO tight). From this point on I get to look forward to my uterus growing upward about 1 centimeter every week and gaining about 1 pound each week. This Wednesday we get to go and have the big 1/2 way there ultrasound done, so that should be fun! I love seeing our growing baby and seeing that all parts are forming as they should... but don't get too excited, we still haven't budged on not wanting to find out the sex, sorry.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Speciale said...

You better make good on that belly photo asap!! :) Half done already? Insanity. I am so glad you got to take a relaxing get-away! Keep relaxing, no more pre-mature labor!

Brianna said...

Halfway already?!?! I feel like time should stand still when I'm not there...but I guess that's too much to ask. I hope that you are feeling great and that your vacation helped wind you down. If you went out to Vermont for the colors, you should have just come out to Indianapolis...jerk. We have colors too, ya know. Oh, sorry...I got a little aggressive there. Just missing you and your belly and Mallory and Matthew. OK, Sonny and Krush too.

Janie said...

I am sooooo glad you are back and blessing us with your blog! :)

I cannot believe you are more than half way there! Amazing how time flies. I hope it has it's pilot license. hahah (laugh with snort)

If you went to the ultra sound and accidentally saw the sex, would you then tell because you already know or would you still make everyone wait?