Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vermont #3 (the last)

In order to help with the whole 'relax' thing that I'm working on, my parents offered to treat me to a message! I found a place in Stowe with great reviews and they miraculously could see me that day! So I got my first prenatal massage! I was a little worried that I might not like it as much as a typical/deep tissue one, because I like my massages to actually hurt a little... none of this light rubbing junk... get in there and work out those knots (just ignore the screams). :) But I have to tell you my masseuse was sent from God. She was wonderful. It was like being in heaven for 60 minutes. My only complaint would be that it was too short... heck I think 2 hours would have still not been long enough. I was loving it. I have only had a handful on massages, but during all of them at one point I have fallen asleep, not this time. I didn't want to miss one second of it! So thank you so much mom and dad, it was much needed and much appreciated!


Our last 2 days in Vermont poured and poured! What better way to celebrate the rain then some freshly pressed hot apple cider! Yum! We also went to the Cabot Cheese plant and that was yummy too (not as good as the Ben and Jerry's, but still good). Just a quick note about Mallory... See that picture of her drawing while sitting with Matthew... Well, Matthew was being very good and trying to get in as much study time as possible. But Mallory was not helping the cause very much. She climbed up onto his lap, stole his pencil and started scribbling all over his notes. After a few minutes of very focused drawing, she looked up, pat Matthews face, pointed at her 'art' and said 'Dis es Daddy!' and went back to drawing. I can't say that I saw the resemblance... but maybe she'll be an abstract artist.... who knows.


Friday (our last day.... sigh) was just pouring cats and dogs, but we didn't want to waste our last day sitting around the lodge, so we drove to Montpelier to see Vermont's Capital AND to find some beautiful covered bridges that mom had been dieing to get a few pictures of. It was a nice little drive and our tour of the states capital was nice and warm... because we didn't get out of the van! We drove all around the beautiful city, snapping pictures out the window of this or that. It was actually pretty fun!
So there you go, that was a gimps into our trip... it was wonderful! The location, The season! The leaves! And the company! Thanks again mom and dad for the memorable trip! Love you guys.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

It was heaven to have your family there and to get a whole week of Mallory was so wonderful for me. I love you too!
Dad

Brianna said...

What a special treat for everyone! The covered bridges are awesome...

You got some great pics too! Fun times. Can't wait to see you all soon!!