Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Walk On

This Monday Mallory started going to an in-home daycare twice a week! I was a little worried about leaving her.... would she be ok? Would she miss me too much? Would the daycare provider give her enough love? Would she cry the entire time? Would she get along with the other kids? All the worry was for not...She LOVES it! Each time that I picked her up, she could have cared less about the fact that I am there hugging her... she just wanted to get back down and play with the others kids and all the toys. The lady (Connie) is great and says that Mallory is soooooo happy and she is shocked by how mobile she is and how she just self entertains. I'm glad that Mallory seems so happy there, but there is a part of me that was a little sad that she didn't seem to need/miss me at all!
:( Silly, I know.

On Monday, after spending her first day with all the other kidd-o's she talked and talked and talked all the way home, telling me all about her time and the friends she made. Then once we got home, she pulled herself up on her (walking) toy... (which up until THAT moment had just been a standing or sitting toy) and started pushing it! It was like she had spent the entire day watching all the other kids walking and figured that now she could/should do it! She walked from the french doors to the garage door 3 times!!!!!! It was incredible!


I kept telling her that she's not even 9 months old and she doesn't have to grow up so quickly... but since she is my daughter, she didn't listen and kept on walking! WOW! What a big girl.

3 comments:

Speciale said...

Holy Cow!! Thats crazy!! What a smart girl :)

Katie said...

How fun! She is a mover and a shaker!
It is funny how we want our kids to have a good time and we worry they will be miss treated or ignored or just sad when in daycare, but when we get there and find it was everything we had hoped for and they are having a ball, we are dissappointed at the lack of reaction to our exsistance as we re-enter the room! :)Don't worry though...nothing could take your place and she will always think of you as her hero! I know I am not telling you anything you don't already know though!
So glad Mallory is enjoying her new friends!

Janie said...

That is just plain crazy!! That's it, no more day care for you young lady! You are too influenced by your peers! Thinking you can walk at 8 months. What's next... DRIVING!

No seriously, I can't believe she is getting herself around already. She is amazing and sooo her mother ;) Always has to be ahead of the game and work harder than all the other babies. Good work Mallory.