Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Up and Out!



Ok. I've decided that I don't like going to Mallory's doctors appointments any more. No, it's not because the statistics they gave me on Mallory's height and weight are basically equivalent to what you would get if you bred a giraffe to a hippopotamus. Or the fact that there are sick kids in the weighting room. Nope. It's because I'm pretty sure that the cute blond boy Mallory was sitting next to was a bad influence on her. Seriously! Prior to the Dr's visit Mallory would sit in her car seat while I buckled her in (she might not always be happy about it, but at least she would just sit there). Now, after 'talking' with this cute little toe-headed little boy (who was just a little older then her... and therefore much wiser) each time I go to put her in the car seat she arches her back, sticks her legs straight out, throws her arms out to the side and bends her neck backwards! That darn little boy, corrupting my perfect little baby... hey I have to blame it on someone. :)

Ok, on to the 9 month stats! She weights 21 pounds 13 ounces (92%) and is 29 1/2 inches long (90%), while her head is a perfect 50%! The Dr. was telling me that her weight (though seemingly heavy for a 9 month old) is perfect because of the fact she is soooooo tall. Basically Mallory is more like a 12-15 month-er in regards to her high, weight and development. She was shocked at Mallory's standing/walking/talking/straw-drinking/and wonderful appetite.

I can't believe that the next time that we take her into the doctors it going to be for her one year check up!!! WOW!

4 comments:

Speciale said...

Way to go Mallory! Glad I'm not the only one raising a giraffe/hippopotamus, lol! I can't believe how quick time goes already, so crazy. What a doll :)

Speciale said...

ps...that hat is AWESOME

Katie said...

Your giraffe to a hippopotamus comment really had me laughing! I love your witty humor!
Those darn boys...always causing problems for we perfect girls. :)

Janie said...

BOYS! They are always a bad influence. Guess you will have to lock her in a tower :). I remember my kids doing this and me having to hold them down by the hip bones with one hand and buckle with the other. It was a hard phase for me with my back problems. I hope it goes quick for you.